Who Benefits from Online Speech-Language Therapy Services?
Clients of many different skill levels and abilities may be candidates for online speech. To determine if you are an appropriate candidate for telepractice, Your Personal SLP will first consult with you and complete an initial speech-language screening at no charge for up to 30-minutes! The consultation and screening is mandatory, but there is no charge. What is a consultation and screening? A screening is when a SLP meets you, and briefly looks at your articulation, fluency, voice, and language skills (to determine if there is a need for further evaluation.) Sometimes clients have questions about speech & language, but do not actually need therapy; just education regarding speech & language development!
Unless deemed unnecessary by the therapist, an evaluation is a part of our process for all clients. During the consultation & screening process, the SLP will talk with you and make suggestions about whether or not an evaluation is necessary, based upon information that you shared (such as previous speech therapy history, skill level, etc.) Since we offer many types of evaluations, the SLP will then recommend which evaluation service is most appropriate to better understand your communication needs.
What if you need speech services, but are not a candidate for online speech? Our SLP will refer you to another qualified ‘in-person’ SLP. We will refer you to the directory of members in your State’s Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
What Types of Services Do We Offer?
Your Personal SLP, LLC is a full-service private practice that provides services completely online (the services are real-time, face-to-face audio & visual, fully-interactive, and HIPAA-compliant) to clients in California, Connecticut, Michigan, New York, and Oregon. We are accepting new clients and always avoid placing students on ‘wait-lists.’ We provide the following services:
Initial Consultation and Screening (Free) – up to 30-minutes! 100% free with no obligation!
This is an opportunity for our SLP and the client to get to know each other. The SLP will answer questions about speech & language development, answer questions about our services, and general discussion about client concerns. Then a screening is conducted. A screening is an informal review of client information that helps determine if an evaluation of the client is necessary. A brief screening tool or checklist may be used. No written report will be created.
Speech and Language Evaluations
We offer both formal (standardized) & informal assessments of a client’s speech and language skills. Depending on the client’s needs and requests, we may recommend a mini-evaluation, full-evaluation, or comprehensive evaluation. We are qualified (and approved by the publisher) to administer a large quantity of speech & language tests online, which includes, but is not limited to, the following assessments:
- Review360® for Speech Language Pathologists
- Sensory Profile™
- The Children’s Communication Checklist—2©(CCC—2)
- The CELF®-5 (Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals®, Fifth Edition)
- The Shaywitz DyslexiaScreen
- CELF®-5 Metalinguistics
- Khan-Lewis Phonological Analysis, Third Edition©(KLPA-3)
- PPVT™-5 (Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test, Fifth Edition)
- The Expressive Vocabulary Test, Second Edition (EVT-3)
- Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation 3©(GFTA-3) …..and many more available!
Speech and Language Therapy
Individual or Group Therapy as Appropriate – The goals for therapy are developed from the evaluation, which are then discussed with the client and/or family members and agreed upon. Recommendations for the therapy time is solely based on the needs of each client. Our SLP works with clients of all ages (from 4 to adults) and provides services for:
- Accent Reduction
- Articulation or Speech Skills
- Communication Skills
- Expressive Language or Language Formulation Skills
- Receptive Language or Language Comprehension Skills
- Language Processing
- Language Based Learning Disabilities
- Parent/Caregiver Training
- Phonology and Phonemic Awareness
- Social Language Skills – pragmatics, nonverbal communication, conversation
- Attendance at educational or IEP meetings as requested
- Private Tutoring/Guidance for Undergraduate, Graduate, or CFY Candidates Who Are Training to be a Speech-Language Pathologist is Also Available
For more information, Contact Us. Toll free at (800) 515-2908. We offer a 100% FREE consultation and screening (up to 30-minutes) with no obligation! We see clients in CA, CT, ME, MI, NY, & OR!